Environmental Technician (San Onofre, CA)
New World Environmental, Inc. (NWE) is a full service environmental consulting and contracting firm with offices located in Livermore, CA and Irvine, CA. NWE has extensive experience in performing site assessment, remedial design and remedial actions for a variety of public and private clients. We provide services to meet all aspects of RCRA, CERCLA, USDOT, OSHA, state and local regulations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Technician for our Southern California job location in San Onofre, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Experience with the following equipment would be beneficial:
- Familiarity with EPA low flow sampling technique
- Groundwater Protection Plan Iniative Experience
- Collecting samples from groundwater monitoring wells
- Operation and maintenance of groundwater remediation systems
- familiarity with federal and state nuclear regulations Southern California and Federal regulations 10 CFR 50 & 10 CFR 20 a plus.
- Peristaltic pumps
- Bladder pumps
- Pressure transducers
- Operation & calibration of pH & conductivity meters
- Off-road vehicle operation
- Complete Chain of Custody Forms, and shipping documents
- Hazardous waste management
- Inventory and organize all materials/supplies necessary for groundwater well sampling, monitoring and shipping of water samples
- Record Keeping and data collection
- Administrative duties as required to facilitate the monitoring program as required
- May be scheduled at times for "on call" for emergency call out for wells 7 days per week -- 1 Hour response time required
- Good physical condition, able to lift 40 pounds
We are seeking candidates with 1-5 years experience working in the environmental monitoring field. The appropriate candidate should be U.S. Citizen, have OSHA 40 hour Health & Safety training at Hazardous Waste sites as well as appropriate 8 hour refreshers, a valid driver's license, and must agree to drug/alcohol testing and a background check.
Skills we are looking for include:
- Strong technical writing abilities (Attention to Detail is a must)
- Good communications skills a must
- Good mechanical skills
- Ability to use a computer, MS EXCEL, MS WORD
Location: San Onofre, CA
Compensation: commesurate to experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Please send resumes and qualifications via email to:
UXO III Techs
NWE is seeking the services of two UXO III Techs for a project in Southern California to support a construction project on a Formerly Utilized Defense site where MEC may be encountered.
Project is scheduled to begin the second week of October and is projected to last 45 to 60 days.
Qualified candidates are required to meet the requirements outlined by the Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board (DDESB), TP - 18, as UXO Level III technicians.
Candidate must possess a valid current 40 Hour OSHA HazWoper Certificate.
Please send resumes and qualifications via email to:
Duties will include:
- Prepare a presentation on the hazards of unexploded ordnance complete with photographs and physical items.
- Be available to brief any site visitors on the hazards they might expect to encounter at the site and what they should do if they find anything.
- Support any drilling operations or other intrusive activities by first clearing an area approximately 50 around any proposed drill site of any surface MEC hazards.
- Support any drilling operations by conducting a subsurface sweep of the drill site utilizing a handheld magnetometer. Drilling may only commence after the UXO technician indicates it is safe.
- Provide stand-by support to anyone requiring a UXO technician to identify an item as MEC.
- Should an item be discovered that cannot be positively identified as safe, mark with red danger tape and brief all personnel to avoid it. Should an item be encountered that impedes drilling operations, contact the County Bomb Squad and the UXO Technician will escort the officers to the item(s).
- Provide a final report detailing areas cleared and MEC discovered complete with grid coordinates.
Senior Health Physics Technician
Position Duration : Six Weeks
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Physics or closely related discipline, or Graduate of the U.S. Navy ELT Program, or ten (10) years related experience and/or training (of which one year of experience is in environmental health & safety and five (5) years experience as a Senior Level Health Physics Technician), Experience must involve implementation of 10CFR835 or 10CFR20.
Current HazWoper (Required)
OSHA certification (Desired)
RCT Certification (Desired)
- Must demonstrate working Knowledge and understanding of NRC regulations and safety issues;
- provide radiation safety for the field crews while they drill or excavate up to four feet below grade at each of 400 grid nodes. Ra-226/228 is the suspect radionuclide;
- Perform daily instrument calibration and inspections;
- Administration of radiological dosimetry and daily health and Safety including radiation safety briefings;
- Interpret and verify field data accumulated from surveys and monitoring activities;
- Compile and write detailed work plans for site-specific projects, technical and business correspondence and final reports;
- Training of personnel in health physics and safety;
- Provide detailed records of instrumentation calibrations, measurements, and locations, if any, of identified potential radiological materials and ambient radiation levels;
- Perform daily and weekly, QA/QC tests and maitain records;
- Utilize and Calibrate survey equipment and instrumentation;
- Perform equipment and Personnel Decontamination and clearance, if required;
- Provide guidance on regulatory requirements for best health physics practices.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com